Sunday, October 9

All In a Day!

Edit, Check. Sound sync, check. Color correction, check. Mastering, check. I'm happy, check.
Whoa, what a day today was! All that took to make me make a short film within 12 hours time was a mere deadline. From stratch, I shot today morning on Bhanu's Nikon (sans a tripod) as I was awake. Trust me guys, its real fun when your home happens to your shooting set/ location. You have a lot of props, extras, added lighting which means that you can even shoot sunrise scenes from inside a room in the dead of the night. (Hell yea, that is absolutely possible. Try standing with a couple of CFL lights on the other side of the window pane and point it towards the room where you want sunlight. :] )
You know what the best part is? All of this you get for free.
So where was I? Yes. After the morning, I had a nice small lunch and straight rushed off to the edit with the footage I had shot. The edit began with the usual conversions, aligments, cuts, et al. Finally, a music piece that me and Samit had mutually selected was introduced to the timeline and the real pain began here. Syncing music with picture can be a prick in the ass I tell you. It is all upon your intuition to determine the right beat for the right picture/scene. That apart, the syncing was managed and the color correction was also done in a nick of time.
Why I'm writing all this? because I still use a Pentium Four processor. Because, my CPU does not have an extra cooling fan. Because, both of these factors sum up to the fact that the final cut is rendering real slow and I'm waiting for it to finish so that I can see it. But hey, do I sound like I'm complaining?
Come on, it is not everyday that you get to make a movie in 12 hours flat.

No comments: